Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A Funny Thing Happened While Perusing The Intratubes Last Night

 Last night after checking my emails I decided to look at old emails. When I found one from 8 years ago about a photo of mine being on a K.I.Sawyer site. Took a look at the site and in the photo section there was the photo that I was promised over 8 years ago would be removed. At the time I did a blog post about the photo.

http://mannikko.blogspot.com/2012/02/funny-thing-happened-while-perusing.html


The photo. It was taken the winter of '67-'68 at Dow Airplane Patch, Bangor, ME.

I went to their website this morning and sent them a message about the photo still being on their website over 8 years after I was assured it would be removed. I wouldn't have a problem with the photo being used, BUT IT WAS NOT TAKEN AT K.I.SAWYER!

I know for a fact this picture was not taken at K.I.Sawyer, The second car to the right of the guy walking is my '58 T-Bird and that car was never on K.I.Sawyer as it died on my way home and had to be towed the last 5-6 miles. It did make a trip to Alaska a few years later, but that's another story after I sold it to a friend.

I had done a post on my other blog about winters at the bases I was stationed at during my tour. Besides Dow Airplane Patch I mentioned K.I.Sawyer and Cape Cod as those were the places I was stationed. Someone must have done a google search for K.I.Sawyer and one of the hits was my blog. 

http://kulkurisjourneysandwanderings.blogspot.com/2008/12/more-dow-airplane-patch.html

It's clear that whoever sucked my photo off my blog didn't read the fucking post. The paragraph under the photo explained where it was taken.

It'll be interesting to see what happens about my photo. I didn't say what photo was the one in question, but I did copy and paste some of the emails back and forth from 8+ years ago. Let them figure out what photo I'm talking about!



6 comments:

  1. I have all relevant emails going back years in case I need to solve a disagreement.
    Did they take the picture down yet? Or at least correct the location?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked and the photo is gone. Didn't mind it being used but the picture was taken at Bangor, ME not K.I.Sawyer AFB, MI.

      Delete
  2. I have found numerous pictures I have taken posted in Google photos. Some I posted in Blogger some I didn't. Can't explain it.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly where it came from. The only places it was is my other blog and the original photo that I have somewhere with my stuff.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.