Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Working on Old Vehicles is Fun


Old Bearing Assembly Removed 



Broken Stud Removal Tool 

The truck has had noise at highway speeds that led me to think it had a bad wheel bearing. Recently I checked the front brakes because I'd had to replace the rear brakes and thought I'd better check the front ones. While the wheel was off I tried moving the hub. I could move it up and down and side to side. Yesterday the weather was barely above freezing so I started working on the truck. Got the assembly removed and 1 of the studs that attach it to the front end. Today I tried removing the rest of the studs. Had trouble holding the assembly while trying to remove the studs. When I was able to hold it and using my longest breaker bar I broke the stud removal tool. Tomorrow I'll see if I can buy new studs. 
 

2 comments:

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.