Monday, November 17, 2014

Google Fucking Sucks

This morning I decided to check my Gmail. I signed in and then could not get at the inbox to check for mail. Got some fucking shit about wanting my cellphone number and other e-mail address. I could not find any way around this bullshit so I could check for mail. All the things I tried just went elsewhere and nothing showed that would lead to my mail. Had The Old Lady try and eventually she managed to get at my Gmail. It shouldn't be so fucking hard to get at your mail.

Several years ago I decided to do a Gmail account for the hell of it. After trying it out for awhile I decided it sucked more than either hotmail or Yahoo, so I hardly ever used it or checked it. In the last year or so I have had trouble getting at Gmail. Sometimes I need to sign out of my Yahoo account and sometimes The Old Lady can find a way into my Gmail.

Last year I made the mistake of using my Gmail for a rewards thing at Kmart. I've tried going to the Kmart site to change the e-mail address for their frequent flyer program to no avail. The shit still goes to Gmail. That is about the only reason I check my Gmail.

I wish I could express myself better in order to say just how fucking frustrating it is to hit a roadblock and not be able to find any way around it!! It's like the computer geeks think everybody knows all the shortcuts and what icons to click on or what fucking keys on the keyboard will get you where you want to go. Like hitting ctrl and some other key to do some function or other. I've never had any classes or training in fucking confusers. I'm a self-taught computer illiterate!!

I would cancel the Gmail if I wasn't afraid that doing so would kill all my Google accounts like blogger. One of the times I couldn't get at my Gmail, The Old Lady trying to access it created another Gmail account by adding a letter to the name. I finally was able to cancel that one, but it still pops up at times in autofill.


I REPEAT, GOOGLE FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I have a Gmail account that I never use but like you I am afraid to cancel it. I have never had a problem with Yahoo - and I rarely check it - my wife checks it daily and I figure if there is anything that needs my attention she will let me know.
    Even Blogger can be frustrating sometime; but when you stop and think about it - the technology advances over the last twenty-five years - it is all pretty marvelous.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeks have to keep fucking with and changing things. I opened a gmail account a couple years ago but didn't like it so haven't been back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind the geeks making changes if there was some discernible logic behind the changes. Nothing about confusers is logical. A guy I know said that all electronics are FM, Fucking Magic!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to tell you but actual geeks tend to create difficult keyboard interfaces that you need to learn and then they are fast and powerful to use.

    The incomprehensible GUI changes, etc. are GUI designers' fault. Web designers especially like to make things different, heavier than before and make other useless changes simply because they can. The artsy subset likes to think they're Steve Jobs, so they go with extreme minimalism and the interface then lacks any hints of what everything does. Add to that the managerial crowd, who like to do business by forcing people to continue using their services, and underpaid interns posing as technical/documentation writers creating the helpful yet content-free stuff labeled under "help" and what you have is the mess we all get to witness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used MS Outlook since Day 1. My email account is the same since Day 1, with the same IPS. I do have a backup with a friend's business email. Don't mess with the mass user freebies

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.