Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Call Rudeness

Last night I discovered that you can turn off the call waiting feature on your cell phone. While reading the manual for The Old Lady's new cell phone, I saw where it looked like call waiting was optional, that maybe you could turn it off. Went thru the menu til I got to call waiting and ran a check which came up as call waiting is on. Clicked on cancel and now the call waiting should not work. The Old Lady calls that feature "Call Rudeness" in that it is rude to interrupt one call to take another call. If the second call is important, they will call back, or if you check the Caller ID, you can call them back after you have finished the first call.

2 comments:

  1. my daughter will call from san fran or i'll call her and sh'll put me on hold when someone calls..finally one day i said..look..you can talk to them all day long anytime you want to..either talk to me or dont..but dont put me on hold again or im hanging up..
    ma's a bitch that way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I discovered that you can turn off the call waiting feature on your cell phone.

    There is a call waiting feature on my cell phone? I'll be damn.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.