Thursday, November 29, 2012

It Must Have Followed Us Home

This is Bimbo  (pronounced beem-bo) bread. The other week The Old Lady bought a loaf of Bimbo at the local grocery store. The first time I saw bread by this company was at the carneceria across the street from our apartment in Hot-Lanta. It's a Mexican company with their corporate offices in this country in Horsham, PA. They also make Thomas' English Muffins. The Old Lady likes it because it's soft mushy bread like Wonder bread. I don't mind because it doesn't have High Fructose Corn Syrup. I've been trying to avoid HFSC for many years ever since I found out that shit ain't good for a body.

Saw something where they were interested in buying Hostess. They have access to cheaper Mexican sugar which would be a plus in making the junk food like Twinkies.

6 comments:

  1. I think the Bimbo Honey Wheat is a lot more edible those multi-grain roofing shingles you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it, got a loaf of bread today that is supposed to be good for french toast, will find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Canada I bought multi-grain bread because I liked it. Tanya called it "combi-korm" which means mixed animal feed.

    America could have access to cheap sugar too if they weren't such assholes about Cuba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea Bimbo owns Thomas' English Muffins. I wonder when they bought them? I have to say I have noticed a difference in them compared to the way they used to be. They don't toast as evenly as they used to and seem thinner. However, they also don't have HFCS (and announced that on their packages) so maybe that is why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess HFSC makes bakery brown easier, but I still don't want it if I can avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judging by your weather link it's kind of shitty there. Mostly just wet here.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.