Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Reason The Smoke Alarm Went Off




















I got the shit tank out of The Guppy the other day. I had thought that maybe I could repair it by doing a fiberglas patch. After seeing the extent of the damage, I now realize I have to get a new tank. It is surprising how much melted from the exhaust hitting the side of the motorhome and up at the tank.  Once I get the new tank installed, I'll put some hangers on the exhaust system. I got the parts, but the tailpipe needs to be down in order to remove and replace the tank as the tailpipe goes under the tank. After I replace the tank I'll put some kind of extension on the tailpipe so it will either stick out from under the motorhome or bend down towards the ground so this can't happen again.

2 comments:

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.