I have got it running, sort of. After checking the solenoid and the switch found the problem why it wouldn't crank, a bad connection at a plug on the wire bundle coming from the left handlebar. Then it wasn't getting gas. Took the carb apart and cleaned the needle valve. Finally got it to fire, but it would only run with the choke full on. Now it's a little better, but still doesn't want to idle. I have been able to drive it, but it still needs a lot of work.
I need to replace the u-joints on the front driveshaft and the wheel bearings on the front wheels. The left one has a lot of slop, I can shake it back and forth. Discovered the wheel bearing was shot when I put it up on jack stands to work on the driveshaft. With all four wheels in the air I can turn the driveshaft by turning one of the wheels.
Anywho, I checked on Amazon and bearings & seals for one wheel is $12 and for both is $20 so I think I'll replace both.
I may still need to pull the carb apart and clean it better to get it to idle, also I need to check the points to find out why it wants to backfire when I try to idle it.
Then I need to repair the front fenders and the front rack.