Friday, January 31, 2014

Strange E-Mail, Answers Or More Questions??

Yesterday while working on my post I tried using my snipping tool to copy my craigslist ad. I drew the boundary around the ad and saved it, but when I tried to retrieve it for blogger, I couldn't find it no matter how I tried. (It is probably somewhere in my confuser and I'll run across it sometime in the future when I looking for something else,) So then I decided to e-mail it to myself. Checked the e-mail and it wasn't there, so tried again to a different e-mail account, still NADA. Finally did a copy and paste to notepad and then copy and paste to blogger to eliminate any weirdness that may be hidden in the code. Anywho, I was able to do my blog post.

Later when I was checking my e-mails, I not only found my snipping tool thingie, but several weird e-mails. There were three failed delivery notices for when I tried to unsubscribe to Sen. Ben Nelson's updates:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
senator@bennelson.senate.gov
(Never was successful unsubscribing, finally stopped receiving updates when he left the Senate.)

And two that were for failed delivery for craigslist. One for the four-wheeler I bought 2½ years ago and the other for the Boston Whaler I bought last summer. (As you may gather, I've bought a number of things via craigslist and have also used craigslist to sell things. Some items I've posted sold, some didn't.)

Also a reply to an e-mail where I disputed a medical bill for a cat scan from several years ago.



Have a similar ringtone on my cellphone to let me know when I receive a text.

3 comments:

  1. I have had pretty good luck with e-bay.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Old Lady tried selling some vintage dresses on e-bay and someone tried scamming her. Said she sent a money order and didn't get the dress. Finally had to do arbitration thru e-bay and when The Old Lady asked what address she sent the money order to, she couldn't answer because The Old Lady only had an e-mail address in the posting, no mailing address. After that we figured the hell with e-bay. There are also scammers on craigslist, but easy to avoid by doing the final deal in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Craigslist story: A local advertised his iPhone on Craigslist. He got a response and arranged to have the guy come by his house to look at it. The guy showed up...pulled a gun...took the iPhone...plus several other electronics. He is still at large.

    I have sold on Craigslist, but I always make the transfer in a public place.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.