Friday, January 31, 2014

Strange E-Mail, Answers Or More Questions??

Yesterday while working on my post I tried using my snipping tool to copy my craigslist ad. I drew the boundary around the ad and saved it, but when I tried to retrieve it for blogger, I couldn't find it no matter how I tried. (It is probably somewhere in my confuser and I'll run across it sometime in the future when I looking for something else,) So then I decided to e-mail it to myself. Checked the e-mail and it wasn't there, so tried again to a different e-mail account, still NADA. Finally did a copy and paste to notepad and then copy and paste to blogger to eliminate any weirdness that may be hidden in the code. Anywho, I was able to do my blog post.

Later when I was checking my e-mails, I not only found my snipping tool thingie, but several weird e-mails. There were three failed delivery notices for when I tried to unsubscribe to Sen. Ben Nelson's updates:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
(Never was successful unsubscribing, finally stopped receiving updates when he left the Senate.)

And two that were for failed delivery for craigslist. One for the four-wheeler I bought 2½ years ago and the other for the Boston Whaler I bought last summer. (As you may gather, I've bought a number of things via craigslist and have also used craigslist to sell things. Some items I've posted sold, some didn't.)

Also a reply to an e-mail where I disputed a medical bill for a cat scan from several years ago.

Have a similar ringtone on my cellphone to let me know when I receive a text.


Ol'Buzzard said...

I have had pretty good luck with e-bay.
the Ol'Buzzard

Kulkuri said...

The Old Lady tried selling some vintage dresses on e-bay and someone tried scamming her. Said she sent a money order and didn't get the dress. Finally had to do arbitration thru e-bay and when The Old Lady asked what address she sent the money order to, she couldn't answer because The Old Lady only had an e-mail address in the posting, no mailing address. After that we figured the hell with e-bay. There are also scammers on craigslist, but easy to avoid by doing the final deal in person.

jadedj said...

A Craigslist story: A local advertised his iPhone on Craigslist. He got a response and arranged to have the guy come by his house to look at it. The guy showed up...pulled a gun...took the several other electronics. He is still at large.

I have sold on Craigslist, but I always make the transfer in a public place.