Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sometimes Your Initial Thoughts Are Correct

Back when I was in the war(as some used to call being in the military back during 'Nam), I used to think and say that "Lifers" were only in the military because they were too dumb to make it on the outside in a real job in the real world.  After getting out and as I got older I mellowed a bit.  As I worked as a migrant aircraft mechanic with former military types, I began to rethink my opinion of "Lifers" and would alternate between calling them "Retired" and "Retarded Military".

Then yesterday a "Retarded Military" relative of mine forwarded me a disgusting e-mail trashing Gabrielle Giffords.  It accused her of dissing Gen. Petraeus during a congressional hearing.  About asking him why the Army wasn't doing more to reduce its carbon footprint in The War Against Terror.

At first it pissed me off that someone would be trashing someone that had been shot in the head during an assassination attempt.  I glanced at it and then hit delete.  Later I decided to check out this BULLSHIT.  In less than a minute, I found it to be PURE BULLSHIT.  First I googled her name.  In the e-mail it stated that this info was in the Wikipedia about her.  WRONG!!  Then I went to Snopes.com and typed in her name.  This was the only hit.  Turns out this was circulated during the last election campaign by her opponent.

In less than a minute I found the info to disprove the e-mail.  After thinking about it for a while, I replied to the e-mail.  I said, "You are a FUCKING IDIOT!!!"  I also mentioned it took me less than a minute to find out it was bullshit.

In the past I have included links to the info proving his bullshit wrong, but I no longer bother as he won't read it anyway.

As my title says, sometimes your initial thoughts are correct.  Most "Lifers" are too fucking dumb to pour piss out of a boot even if the instructions are printed on the heel.

I have asked this question a number of times and have yet to receive an answer.  "Why are those in the military and ex-military so Right-Wing when the Right-Wing doesn't give a shit about people, only property.??"  Could it be they really believe the FuckingRepublican propaganda about how they love the military when actually they love defense contractors and prove it everyday while fucking over the troops while rewarding the various defense contractors.

5 comments:

  1. I get Muslim hate literature forwarded to me. Go to Snopes and guess what, pure made up bullshit. The error made by normal rational thinking people who play by the rules is that the other side will too. The Right cares only about winning. Facts and logic don't enter into it at all.
    And I stole your bumper sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's OK. I stole it from someone else.

    The thing that pisses me off is that the majority of those spreading the bullshit are working against themselves. They refuse to understand that they are being played thru the various wedge issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most "Lifers" are too fucking dumb to pour piss out of a boot even if the instructions are printed on the heel.

    Hahahahahahahaha - That's great. Classic military humor.

    My father went through flight school with Curtis LeMay. If you remember him, he "invented" SAC like Ronnie "defeated" communism. Anyway, ole Curtis and my dad went up through the ranks together. I have no fond memories of the man other than him giving out silver dollars on Halloween at Hickam Field instead of candy. Did not like the man, he was full of himself and I later truly hated his bomb em before they bomb us attitude about nuclear war. If he had had his way, we would all be toast now.

    It is this type of officer who moves into positions of power in the service and takes credit for the work his staff and/or group does.

    "Retarded" is about as good a description as I can think of.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Lifers" were only in the military because they were too dumb to make it on the outside in a real job in the real world.

    Oh, I wouldn't say that, I knew some damn smart men and women when I was in the Navy. I think that many of them are lifers for the same reason my cousin Ric was, easy work most of the time, job security, and a good early retirement at an age when you can go get another job and retire from it also.

    Unless you mean those that stay in for 40 years, well, I guess they just like the job and the structure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father went through flight school with Curtis LeMay.

    I knew an old man who's flying certificate was signed by Wilbur Wright.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.