Friday I went and got my boat back. About 6 yrs ago I gave it to the son-in-law. He used it for a few years and then lost interest in it. The registration expired in '08.
As it looked Friday morning.
After sitting in the back yard for several years, the boat was not looking too good. I took the cover and the plastic sheet under the cover off and put them in the trashcan. Next summer I'll have something to occupy my time fixing the boat up. Now I'll have a chance to do the things I originally planned on doing to the boat. Like new seats and building a seat across the back with the battery and gas tanks underneath. Also finish stripping the paint off and repainting it. I think the white paint on it is the paint used for painting lines in parking lots!! When I first got it there were several cans of parking lot marking paint in the boat.
The worst of the flat tires.
All the tires were flat, this picture shows the worst of them. Tried to air it up using an air tank and a strap around the tire to get the bead back on the rim. Wouldn't hold air enough to seat the bead, had to take it to a tire shop and had them put bead sealer on it and then air it up. The other tire looked like it was just low, but had to take it to the tire shop for bead sealer too. The spare wouldn't take air, but by then I figured I was done playing with tires.
Parked for the winter.
Spent Saturday afternoon getting it ready for winter. Blocked up the trailer to take the weight off the wheels and springs. Made a roof over the open part of the boat and put a tarp over it. We seem to have a lull between snowstorms which allowed me to go get the boat and create an area to park the boat out of the way. Come next May I'll be able to take the tarp off and start get it ready for summer.