Thursday, February 19, 2009

Facebook and MySpace

About a year ago I got an e-mail inviting me toMySpace After doing some research on the intratubes because I didn't recognize the name of the person (he used his RenFair name) who sent the MySpace invite, I signed up for MySpace to communicate with him once I figured out who it was. So far MySpace has been fairly frustrating for me. I have been able to do a few things, but a lot is still a mystery as I am not very literate on the confuser.

Recently a friend of The Old Lady invited her to Facebook and then she infected me with Facebook. So far I have got more friends on Facebook than on MySpace (on MySpace there is some guy named Tom, who I have never met) even tho 2/3 of those on Facebook have the same last name as me.

One of the things that is hard for me is filling in all the spaces about things I like (movies, songs, books etc...) as I have had a lot of favorite things over the years, trying to remember them all and trying to figure out which are important enough to list and which are not causes my brain to lock up.

Both of them are used to communicate with your friends, but as to whether or not it is easier is lost on me as first you get an e-mail telling you that you have a message and then you have to link to and sign in to your site to see the full message.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use either or both to send messages to Rick Sanchez on CNN.

6 comments:

  1. You can even Twitter Rick Sanchez...there's another venue for you to peruse. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't bother with Facebook or My Space, it's enough work just doing my blogs.

    I communicate with my friends through emails mostly, it's a lot simpler and faster.

    Years ago some of us used Yahoo Messenger but I've long since gotten bored with it.

    Not that it isn't cool, I just don't like the interruptions when doing research and crap on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sort of enjoy facebook but myspace sucks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you out there. I'm seeing some folks migrate more to facebook entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't bother with any _______spaces or _______books or twitters or beaver tails or......

    I can barely keep up with this thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids want me to open a Facebook account so I can see latest kid pix and family gossip. Like you, I find the blogging time consuming - but still manage to fart around quite a bit. If you check my Utilities section, I've used quite a few.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.