Thursday, February 26, 2009

Old And New

Here is the old confuser. We took the CPU to Geek Squad and without going thru a complete diagnosis (just plugged it in and looked at what it did) the off-the-cuff verdict was that the hard drive was shot. I'm going to look around and see if I can find another hard drive at a reasonable price and see if I can't fix it.
Here is the new confuser. The Old Lady has been lusting after a flat screen monitor for years. She couldn't bring herself to get one as long as the old monitor still worked. When we went shopping for a new confuser, we saw this offered as a package deal. For only $70 more than the CPU, it had the flat screen monitor and a printer. They didn't have the printer in stock, so they knocked some off the deal and if we go back before the end of the month, we can get the printer for what they knocked off the deal. The CPU is only about one fourth the size of the old one. After the Geek Squad dude showed me how to open the old CPU, I saw that most of the inside is empty space (air, sailboat fuel).


5 comments:

  1. Air = insulation to keep the cpu from frying itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at that! I hope that you'll be trouble free for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you like the speed? You are just "movin' on up - to the east side!!" Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new confuser came with a flat screen also, pretty sweet. I remove one side panel from my confusers so they have a lot of air getting to them. And to make it easy to blow out regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. getting a new confuser is better than sex...(Like I would know..not having sex in 23 years.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.