Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Summer Projects

I started building this cabin for the Kid in 2000. Last summer I finally got around to doing the soffit around under the roof.


Nailing up all the pieces for the framework was a pain with all the climbing up and down the ladder. I had a pneumatic nailer to nail on the plywood and decided to use aluminum to cover the fascia as it won't need painting again in my lifetime. If the aluminum gets to where it looks like it needs to be painted, it'll need to be replaced but not by me.

I only worked a few hours a day on this and some days not at all. It's not like I had to hurry to get it done to get paid.



It is still not done as I need to put the pieces that wrap over the edge of the roof from the peak down to the lower eaves. That should prove to be interesting.



































When you mix pictures with words, it is a pain in the ass to get it the way you want. It'll look good in blogger and when you post it, it can be totally different.

4 comments:

  1. wow..that looks really good..and I should know..I worked for years in home improvement stores/hardware and paint stores..you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have not lost your touch. It is a wonderful talent to be able to build/refurbish a home. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! It looks great. You know, MathMan was trying to put up a post with pix and words tonight and it was giving him fits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are going to make me blush!! Quit it!!

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.