Thursday, March 5, 2009

Plastic Bags

On left is plastic holder for plastic grocery bags (the ones you get a ton of because the bagger only puts one item in each bag). The plastic holder sells for $5 at The Container Store, the middle and right ones are stainless steel and go for $13 and $20 respectively.




Here is my plastic bag holder. It is an empty 2 liter bottle that I cut the bottom off and cut some off the top. The only cost was a little time and one screw to attach the holder to the wall. I got the idea for it from The Family Handyman magazine.





This is the litter bag in my vehicle. In 2000 I was one of the people going around delivering the Census Forms. At least UP on the tundra I didn't have to worry about being shot at. These bags have a hole in them so you could hang them on the doorknob if nobody was home. I ran out of bags before I ran out of forms to deliver and got more bags. I had a bunch left when I was done with the Census Forms and have been using them for litter bags in my vehicles ever since. Now I'm debating whether or not to try working the Census next year to stock up again on litter bags. If I could do it UP on the tundra again, I probably would do it as it would be on familiar turf. I won't do it here in the Land of Kudzu as there is too much of a chance of being shot at by Dittoheads and other Idiots.


2 comments:

  1. I worked on the last census also, we didn't have those bags in this area, just left a note on the door.

    Wasn't worried about anyone shooting me but it was a pain chasing down those that didn't want to be a part of it.

    I still have a thing on the dash of my truck saying I worked on it, it was sort of interesting.

    My plastic bag holder is a plastic bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had to go find those that didn't send in their questionaires, I had some trouble with people playing games like telling me to come back at a certain time and then not being there or not wanting to answer the questions.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments,it's not that hard to think of a nom de plume.